Audience Profiling
This is when you segment your target audience and you include multiple target markets which will have or more demographic characteristics in common with each other.This data usually involves age, race, religion, income level, gender, profession, family size and many more.
We created a video on a discussion of the subject "Are Video games really bad for you?"
Me and my team created a questionnaire for people who play Pokemon GO, a very addicted phone game that has recently become world wide sensation that has everyone talking. We created this qualitative questionnaire in order to understand how people felt about the game, in terms of how it works, is it a good Pokemon game? or is it even fun, if yes, how much. We also recorded information on their age, how much they play they game, and how far they have traveled to play or catch a Pokemon before.
Secondary Research
Secondary research is very similar to primary research and a probably be described as the most used in this era. Except, with secondary, all the information that is used is second hand, hence the name. For example, if I was to go on Google and search for something that I’m currently interested in, and then happen to fall upon a website that gives me all the information that I need, that information would be second hand, and so I have carried out, secondary research. An advantage of secondary research is the work is already basically done for you; all you have to do is search for what you need.
Secondary research is used a lot in the world of today; it’s almost all types of research that must be done as it’s anything that someone else has done and you are simply looking over it. Even though its second hand and it may not be able to fully express your own personal feelings, it can still help reflect your own opinion from theirs.
Here is an example of secondary research -

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/17/women-video-games-iab
I also created a questionnaire on a different game, asking people how they feel about DMC
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Preview/?sm=Ffk3bZwvVJC7lak0EV0ZDsZRhvQ2O62TWOc7EttBj96xtXtCHopm6bKPD7XcxmO5
4.
Devil May Cry Audience Secondary Research
Qualitative research Quantitative and Find out what audience is.
Devil May Cry is a hack and slasher action adventure game, who's audience can be hard to define due to its intricate and complex style of genre. I have started my research by digging into the games play style and graphics.
Being a hack and slashing game, very fast pace music and and fighting is to be expected when decoding this game. This would lead me to believe that most people that play devil may cry are fast pace players that require a lot of frames of actions and intense graphics in order to be satisfied. I can agree with this a I am a Devil May Cry player myself. So in order to find out who the audience is, i have devised a questionnaire for my peers.
Here is an example of secondary research -
UK games: more women play games than men, report finds
A new study into British gaming habits has confirmed what many industry watchers have been observing for years: the stereotype of the teenage boy playing alone in his bedroom is well and truly dead.
Based on interviews with 4,000 UK residents, the research asserts that women now account for 52% of the gaming audience, up from 49% three years ago. The study, which was commissioned by the Internet Advertising Bureau, also revealed there are now more people over 44 years old playing games (27% of the audience) than children or teenagers (22%). The gamer audience reportedly stands at 33.5 million Britons – 69% of the population.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/17/women-video-games-iab
I also created a questionnaire on a different game, asking people how they feel about DMC
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Preview/?sm=Ffk3bZwvVJC7lak0EV0ZDsZRhvQ2O62TWOc7EttBj96xtXtCHopm6bKPD7XcxmO5
4.
Devil May Cry Audience Secondary Research
Qualitative research Quantitative and Find out what audience is.
Devil May Cry is a hack and slasher action adventure game, who's audience can be hard to define due to its intricate and complex style of genre. I have started my research by digging into the games play style and graphics.
Being a hack and slashing game, very fast pace music and and fighting is to be expected when decoding this game. This would lead me to believe that most people that play devil may cry are fast pace players that require a lot of frames of actions and intense graphics in order to be satisfied. I can agree with this a I am a Devil May Cry player myself. So in order to find out who the audience is, i have devised a questionnaire for my peers.
No comments:
Post a Comment